Welcome to the Rural Connectivity Group Wholesale Services information page. Here you will find details about the RCG Wholesale Tower Co-location and Backhaul Services, and how to register to gain access to those services.
Wholesale Tower Co-location Service
Each eligible RBI 2 site has been designed to accommodate co-location equipment for one Wireless Internet Service Provider. For the purposes of the RCG Wholesale Tower Co-location Service:
- A Wireless Internet Service Provider or “WISP” means a regional wireless internet service provider, which at the time of registration on the RCG Wholesale Web Portal already provides a wireless broadband retail service to rural End Users in a region (for example a WISP does not include a nation-wide Retail Service Provider) and which also does not just self-consume its services.
- Wholesale Tower Co-location services for WISPs will be filled on a first in, first served, basis at each eligible RBI 2 site, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in RCG’s RBI 2 Co-location Agreement – WISP Version.
- Co-location equipment for the first in WISP means an antenna or antennas of up to 0.4m² surface area in total and includes AC power up to 250 watts and 2U of equipment space.
For those parties that don’t qualify as a WISP, Co-location services for Access Seekers may be available at each eligible RBI 2 site in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in RCG’s RBI 2 Co-location Agreement – Access Seeker Version . These terms outline who may qualify as an Access Seeker.
If a registered party wishes to enquire about a backhaul service from RCG in relation to an eligible RBI 2 site, then the party should contact RCG directly.
RCG will consider and respond to each enquiry on a case by case basis. This is due to the bespoke nature of the backhaul services at each eligible RBI 2 site.
The terms of supply for any agreed wholesale backhaul service will be determined with the relevant party on a case by case basis.
RCG Non-discrimination Obligations
RCG is subject to a Deed of Open Access Undertakings which places non-discrimination obligations on RCG in relation to its supply of relevant wholesale services. RCG compliance with these obligations is monitored by the Commerce Commission.
In compliance with these obligations, all notifications about wholesale service availability (for example co-location at a particular RBI2 site) will be communicated via the RCG Wholesale Web Portal to parties that have formally registered with RCG.
View the Deed of Open Access Undertakings on the Compliance Page of this website.
How to register for Wholesale Services ?
RCG Wholesale Services are only available to WISPs and Access Seekers that successfully register with RCG as outlined below.
To become a registered WISP/Access Seeker with RCG:
- For WISP’s please read the RBI 2 Co-location Agreement – WISP Version, including all schedules and appendices to the agreement, and ensure you fully understand all of its terms and conditions.
- For Access Seeker’s please read the RBI 2 Co-location Agreement – Access Seeker Version , including all schedules and appendices to the agreement, and ensure you fully understand all of its terms and conditions.
- By registering with RCG, you are acknowledging you have read, fully understand and accept the terms and conditions set out in the RBI 2 Co-location Agreement (WISP and/or Access Seeker Version) and agree to be bound by it with respect to any RCG Wholesale Tower Co-location Service you subsequently receive from RCG.
- Now, please complete the RCG registration form which can be accessed here.
- RCG will review your registration and you will be notified via email once your registration has been processed and your account has been activated.
- When you log in to your account you will have access to the RCG Wholesale Web Portal and the information you need to make an application to receive the Wholesale Tower Co-location Service at a particular RBI 2 site.
A summary of the RCG Wholesale Tower Co-location Service process can be found here.
We look forward to working with you.
For more information please contact: Jessica.Lethaby@theRCG.nz